Yes, it's back-to-school time at our house! Grant and Jillian are just finishing up their first week of 6th and 3rd grades. Sometimes I think it's harder for me than for them that they have to start school in July. You'd think I'd be used to it by now after six years in Utah (!!!) but every summer it just feels wrong to start a new grade when it's 100+ degrees outside and stays light until almost 10pm. I just love trying to get them to bed on time, especially when they are the only ones in school so far. Evan and Alyssa won't start for 4 more weeks, and soon after that G and J will be out for the whole month of September! Crazy.
Farewell
3 months ago

4 comments:
Having kids on different school schedules does not sound like fun to me, although I guess it would give you more individual time with different kids through the year. I think that could be fun. Just today I went through the calendaring for the next couple of months and I realized that my kids have a full 5-1/2 weeks before school starts again. When September hits though I will be bombarded every second of every day.
At least there wasn't a family reunion ending the day before school started! Jillian looks like she was in good spirits on the first morning of school. I hope 3rd grade is easier than 2nd grade (for you, not for her)!
Wow, G & J look so grown-up and mature! Where does the time go? And yes, like Monette, I'm remembering last year's 1st day of school (were we invading your home for the Fillmore reunion??), and I'm glad to see such a broad smile on Jill's face. Full 180 . . . :-) I've been back at school/work for 3 weeks, and I can definitely relate to the absurdity of school in July. It's just not right!!
That is a wacky schedule. And I feel for you about the bedtime thing; that would be so hard! Good thing you are Super-Mom who can handle everything with wisdom, ease, and perspective! And no, I am not kidding - you make it look easy!
Post a Comment