Jillian celebrated her 8th birthday with a Backyard Camp-out (that ended at 10pm so they didn't really camp overnight). Seven girls (plus Jillian and Corinne) played games, went on a treasure hunt, sang around the campfire, told scary stories in the tent, ate campfire cake, and lit sparklers. It was a great party, and now we're looking forward to Jillian's baptism on Saturday!
(Oh, I almost forgot to thank Mitchell and Erin for their suggestion about making a log cake. It was a big hit!)




7 comments:
My kids were looking over my shoulder when I opened this post and the were fascinated by it all! They loved the log cake and the cool sparkler picture especially and I wouldn't be too surprised if we end up with at least one camping party of our own in the next year. Great ideas! Happy birthday Jillian!
happy birthday to my little birthday buddy! sounds like it was a great party. that is definitely a cool sparkler picture-- my girls said, "how come our sparklers didn't look like that?"
Wow! I can't believe she's already 8! What a fun birthday party idea. And the log cake is super duper cute. Love it! Happy Birthday Jill!
Happy Birthday, Jillian! What a fun party. Nice job, Mirien. The cake looks professional, like maybe you hired the famous Erin Fillmore to do it. :) Actually Mirien Church is pretty famous for culinary creations in my book. You're the best!
Happy birthday, Jillian!
Wow, Mirien... You really know how to throw a party! I'm taking notes so that when we have kids we can celebrate in style. Do you use a specific cake recipe for things like this? Thanks for some great ideas!
GREAT idea!! At first I thought the gold PJ girl was dressed like an alien and I was struggling to make the connection. I guess that's what I get for catching up on my blogs instead of going to bed. Happy Birthday to Jillian!
Happy Birthday Jillian, my invitation seemed to have gotten lost in the mail...
I'm glad the cake turned out, the one I made that same weekend wasn't so fortunate. And its nice to see Grant gave you permission to use the nature preserve.
Post a Comment