But the wrong way off. As in, not even on the shaded portion of the growth curve chart--in the 2nd percentile. At least she's consistent. Hayley's 9 month dr. visit was last week and she weighed exactly 15 lbs. However, her head circumference puts her in the 89th percentile. Good thing her head is big enough to support such enormous bows.
She is so much fun these days! You can look in her eyes and tell that she is soaking up new information daily. She claps and squeals when excited, and tries to imitate the sounds she hears. Hayley is a great eater even though she usually makes a face at the first bite of something new. She spends more and more time playing contentedly, as long as Jillian and Corinne are close by, and doesn't constantly need to be held. She's almost crawling, and loves to stand and walk with help. She usually sleeps through the night, which is wonderful when it happens, and still takes a couple of good naps each day, as long as we're home during nap time. Corinne is sitting by me and wants me to write that Hayley knows how to say "dada" and "mom", which is true, but at this point those are just experimental sounds--I don't think she knows what she's saying. This little girl gets so much attention from her whole family--we love her!
7 comments:
I absolutely love babies of this age. They're still so sweet and cuddly, but it's so fun watching them learn and grow daily. Your little Hayley is a complete doll!
She is soooo cute! My kids are the same way, their heads are in the 90th or above percentile, and their height and weight is 50th or below. (Usually below!) My doctor always says "They just have a lot of brains!" Funny. Darling little girl!
"..doesn't constantly need to be held..." Is it possible you're arriving? I HOPE so! You've earned it.
What a cutie! And thank goodness for the huge head! Those bows are adorable! She's gotta have somewhere to store that smart Church brain of hers! So glad she is getting spoiled...I kinda think it's a rule while you're the littlest! And at a light 15 pounds...it's not to hard to carry her around!
You with the feather-weights, and me with the hefty babies. Ansley was 95th for weight and height last check up...hmmmm. Are they really related?
I have a special spot for 2nd percentile babies--just like Elodie and her mother. I think Haley is right on target for the 18 pounds at 18 months thing. Elodie was pretty much spot on with that memorable marker.
She is so cute and I love the big bows!
Post a Comment