Before: A 1940’s era twin bed (the wood rails aren’t pictured) that I found on KSL classifieds.
After: Painted white, lightly distressed, glazed, and waxed. This is Jillian’s new bed. We’re going to paint her walls soon, but we also transformed the dresser you see in the background. It used to be cream and gold. Thanks, Stephanie, for popping in and helping to prep the dresser that day!
Before: More of the 1940’s bedroom set. There is also a dresser, a mirror, a chair, and a stool, not pictured.
Alyssa and her friend, sanding her desk.
Our workshop: The back patio. A coat of primer on everything—grey for the pieces that will be black, and white for the white.
After: Just the nightstand. The rest of Alyssa’s furniture looks great but she doesn’t want me to post final pictures of her room yet. There are still curtains and pillows to make, a chair to re-upholster, and dresser hardware to purchase. We (mostly she and a couple friends) painted her room a soft grey (it used to be the color of masking tape). Also, don’t you love that cool headboard we also found on KSL?
So, what’s next, Mirien? I’m glad you asked. The kids have fall break coming up. I’ve picked up a few more great finds in the past couple of weeks and I’m itching to get started on them. I’ll be working on a kitchen table or two (don’t ask), some chairs, and matching headboards for Hayley and Corinne. (And maybe a dresser that I’m going to look at tomorrow.) Here’s a sneak peek:
Will she give new life to those baby blue chairs? Stay tuned. And will she keep the dated-looking lattice panels on the sides of the headboard? Time will tell.
Will the garage ever be clean again? Yes, Brian. Before winter hits, I promise! (please don’t let it snow early this year!!!) Will someone please tell Mirien to stop perusing the KSL classifieds online and just g0 to bed??
8 comments:
WOW those are some serious projects! They turned out great! I love a good before and after... Yikes, now I want to start perusing ksl classifieds.
I'm emailing you now about next week.
Will Mirien keep referring to herself in third person? Morgan hopes so. But seriously, it all looks really good!
Thanks for showing me what I have to look forward to when I have teenagers! woohoo! It is SO hard to imagine...wow.
i LOVE old furniture and have wanted to pull the trigger on quite a few craigslist items, but i have no idea where i'd store them until get around to fixing them up! all your projects look great and i do love alyssa's headboard! can't wait to see her finished room! (i like that she used grey-- k & b's new room here is grey and i convinced them that it looked cool even though they wanted a different color!)
Wow, I'm inspired! Those are all really nice! Great job getting the kids to help out too. I think I'll have to do that once mine are big enough. I do love little home improvement projects!
Projects like that feel so satisfying---because the end result is so different and great, and because it takes SOOO much work. Glad you had some help...Alyssa must have some nice friends!
What did we do before online garage sales? I'm addicted too...
Those look like some fun projects. They are turning out so nicely. Great way to keep those kiddos busy too. Can't wait to see more pics of the "afters"
Wow... this stuff falls into the KATY iS ADDICTED category. I LOVE these kinds of things and I only with our Craigslist was anything special. Great work! I love them all.... especially that desk, I LOVE THAT!
Post a Comment