I just finished all my Thanksgiving baking! Spinach gratin, cranberry orange sauce, pumpkin roll dough, homemade crackers, roasted squash, and a salad. The pies are all baked (chocolate pecan, cranberry-apple galette/almond tart/peanut butter cream/ cranberry cheesecake)—I couldn’t choose so I made them all! We’re heading to Brian’s parents’ home for dinner so my work is done. Hooray. And now I can enjoy Thanksgiving! I’ll try not to think about Christmas yet and all the shopping, baking, planning, sewing, wrapping, mailing, gifting, crafting, singing, etc. that I need to do in the few short weeks before the big day. See, I’m not thinking about it at all.
Here are some pictures of one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions. The tablecloth. Yes, I know it needs to be ironed, but it’s not going to happen before tomorrow. We’ve been adding to it for at least 6 years now. Here are some of my favorite entries. As I’ve read what we’ve been thankful for over the years, I realize that this is also a record of important events. The things we are grateful for reflect our life experiences and growth.
If you could come over and sign my tablecloth, what would you write?
3 comments:
I am thankful for an older and WISER sister who is a pro at everything and sets a supreme example for me. I want to be like her (you)!
I love the tablecloth! What a fun way to record your memories. I'm impressed that the writing hasn't faded over the years (and the washings).
I'm thankful that I would never be out-on-the-streets homeless because I have such a huge, generous, supportive extended family.
Post a Comment