Grant has been doing a little campaigning for our family election. Yesterday after school a couple of these signs appeared around the house. I gave the family the opportunity to nominate their favorite foods to be served for dinner on election day. Then we divided into two caucuses (males and females) to hold primary elections for each of the following categories: main dish, side dish, vegetable, bread, and dessert. After each "convention" selected their contenders, we made a final ballot and everyone voted after Family Home Evening last night. The winning foods will be revealed at dinner tonight. (Don't tell Grant yet, but his efforts paid off. Chips and guac were chosen as the favorite side dish and will be on the menu with lasagna, garlic bread, sweet potatoes, and chocolate chip cheesecake. Obviously Brian was outvoted for dessert--sorry!) Now I better get cooking while Hayley is napping!
Farewell
3 months ago
6 comments:
Mirien, you guys are too cute! Where do you come up with these ideas? You definitely give your kids reason to sing, "I always have a happy feeling because I am a Church!"
This was such a great idea! I really love it.
Wow, Mirien, you are amazing. I love that idea. Next election we should do that together (I'm not awesome enough to do it on my own).
You're an inspiration to us all. There's a reason you have 6 kids, you know. Isn't Hayley just a few short weeks old? In my world, we're still eating mac&cheese at that point, to say nothing of holding caucuses about the menu. Love it. I'm putting this on my gee, I'd love to remember to do that someday list.
How creative! Your family is so lucky to have such a fun mom!
Grandma C.
i guess i should register to vote next time! perhaps my absentee ballot got lost in the mail . . .
Post a Comment