Monday, December 22, 2008

No Mess!

“Mom, come look at this snowflake I made!” I hear from the other room.  “Yeah,” the other kids chime in, “you gotta see this!”  I walk toward their voices, pasting a smile on my face and vowing I won’t say anything (yet) about the mounds of little white paper scraps that are bound to be all over the just-vacuumed floor.  Sure enough, Evan made the most amazing snowflake—and with no little white scraps!  Enter technology.  This website kept 5 kids busy for quite awhile, all of them taking a turn at making a snowflake masterpiece.  Try it—it’s addicting!

http://snowflakes.barkleyus.com/index.html?taf=sender

DSC01801

It’s telling of my life these days that I evaluate projects based on their mess factor.  I weigh my responses carefully to the “Mom can we make_________?” questions based on the amount of cleanup I’ll face afterwards.

2 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! I had no idea you were in the blog world too! Thanks for the cute Christmas card. And congrats on the new little girl!! Merry Christmas! Our blog is gaddfam.blogspot.com

Cori said...

That is so true! I have to be in a good mood to let my kids do a big mess making project. We keep the Moon Sand,Play Doh, and paints put away. I like the website idea. No cleanup!