Friday, January 30, 2009

If you need me…

DSC02063

I’ll be in the laundry room.  Yes, I’m a little bit behind.  And I wish this was it, but this picture doesn’t even show Hayley’s clothes, or the bedding I need to wash.  Not to mention what I might find on the floor of my kids’ rooms.  And there is currently a load both in the washer and the dryer.  I actually don’t really mind the washing part—it’s the sorting and the folding and the putting away that seem to take forever!  By the time I finish there will be a stack this big waiting for me again. 

Anyone else have this much trouble keeping up?  I used to be on top of things,  and Jillian has noticed the difference because she said to me in frustration a few weeks ago when she couldn’t find her favorite clothes:  “Mom, just because you had Hayley doesn’t mean you have to stop doing the laundry!”

Really???  And she didn’t think I was very funny when I begged for everyone’s help:  “Can all of you give me a break and stop wearing clothes?  Please, just for a few weeks?  It would save me so much time!”  Don’t worry, no one took me seriously.  And if they had, I wouldn’t be posting pictures.

8 comments:

Lara said...

I just had to laugh at this post. Just a few weeks ago my 6-year-old came up to me and asked me why his clothes weren't making it through the laundry as fast as they once had. Unfortunately I didn't have as good of an excuse as you.

Stacey said...

I so relate to you! (Even if my baby is 2) I didn't do any laundry for the week between Christmas and New Years, then when it was all piled on the floor it was taller than Daniel, and he is five! I took a picture, and I am in shock how much laundry seven people go through in one week....and it doesn't even include school clothes!!

Melanie said...

I don't much have a problem with laundry piling up at our house, with only three people it's fairly easy to keep on top of (last night I complained that I had to fold -gasp- three loads as opposed to the regular two).

But I am reminded of a night when I went over to Tracy's house and they had so many piles of laundry, I couldn't even count them. Of course, they were getting ready to leave on vacation... Tracy has told me many horror stories of the Laundry Wars that go on at her house. And I guess it was much the same in the houses that you and I both grew up in.

Makes you glad you're not Kate Gosselin.

merathon said...

i feel the same way-- and i have half as many kids as you do! i honestly don't know how you do it!

The Dahle Family said...

Yeah, the wsshing part is easy (thanks to modern conveniences), but getting it all put away! Tonight I've been trying to find Dexter's bassinet under the heap of ignored clean laundry. Better get back to it since Dexter should be home next week.

Cori said...

I completely understand you here! There are just too many more interesting and fun things to do with my time than sit and fold laundry for two hours. So, ours piles up too. Oh well, there are more important things to do, right? That reminds me of the time we lost Abby and were starting to panic because we couldn't find here anywhere. We eventually found her asleep in the big pile of laundry on my bedroom floor. THAT's how you know it's time to fold the laundry, but until then, no worries. :)

Tracy said...

Hey!? How'd you get a picture of my laundry room?

stephanie said...

Love the picture--it still looks organized even though you're behind. What is it about babies that makes laundry grow exponentially?