Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Kitchen Help

DSC02164

I get to add the sugar—you add the flour.

Okay, you stirred 10 times, now it’s my turn!

Let me smell the vanilla.

Can I crack the eggs?

I want to lick the spatula. 

No, I want to! 

You always get to—it’s my turn! 

I know, let’s share it.  You lick this side and I’ll lick the other.

How could I bake any other way?  I love these helpers.

5 comments:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Jaydon loves to make cookies too. He's my helper in the kitchen. He even likes doing the dishes too. I just hope it lasts until he's a teenager. Hope the baking turned out. I'm glad they like to share.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I call the chocolate chips!!! I always like pouring in (and stealing a few of) the chocolate chips. Always have. So fun!

Lara said...

Sounds a lot like my kitchen too and you're right...it would be positively boring any other way.

I love that cute photo!

Stacey said...

I love it! It is my home to a T!

The Dahle Family said...

Is it any less messy at 7 and 4 than it is with my two at 2 and 3? I had flour all over the counter and floor yesterday (Elodie literally scooped up a handful and threw it on the floor, after which she took an unmonitored stir and flung flour and batter all over) and pumpkin batter in their hair and the front and back of Xander's white shirt. Good thing Aaron was at a meeting--he tolerates messes far less than I do.