She's starting to walk and talk. She's got teeth (fangs--her top eyeteeth came in first!). She knows how to make us laugh. She loves to dance and move to music. She refuses to smile at strangers. She packs away more food than Corinne does. She weighs in at 19.5 lbs and the doctor was so impressed that she jumped from the 3rd percentile to the 25th. (That's huge by our standards.) It's been a big year and I can't believe how fast it's gone. I feel as if I should be a little sad that her babyhood is gone but I'm not even a little teary. She has been such a sweet baby and I'm looking forward to her next milestones. A year ago I wasn't sure how I would survive the sleepless nights, the round-the-clock feedings, and schlepping the carseat and gear all over town trying to keep up with all the other kids. I am happy to report that I made it and that we can't imagine life without Hayley.
Farewell
3 months ago
9 comments:
and you made a little digital scrapbook page? now you've really outdone yourself! i can't believe she's already one. emery is just finally deciding she likes trying to walk. . . now that she's almost 15 months (which is exactly like her sisters were)!
Awwww... so cute! And what a fun cake! Happy birthday Hayley!
Happy Birthday Hayley! I love the cake! 3rd to 25th is a big jump! Lincoln jumped from the 25th to 90th in height at his one year, but it turned out that - as I'd suspected - the nurse kinda mismeasured. He shrunk by his 15 month visit :) Harder to mismeasure the weight!
She looks like she enjoyed the cake! What a cutie. Happy birthday, Hayley! You're such a "got-it-together" mom-- I'm very impressed.
Meredith, you mean you don't digitally scrap each day of each of your children's lives after they've gone to bed at night? You slacker. (PS--Alyssa helped me with that page)
And Miriam, please don't be impressed. It is such an illusion! I never feel very "together". For everything I do I feel like there are at least five other things I should be doing. You just never see the "not doing" list!
Cute cake and darling little girl!! How did you do the scrapbook page? Is it a web site you used?
Heather, I have Memory Mixer software. It's really easy to use--way easier than paper scrapbooking.
Mirien, you are way more than "together". Despite the busy-ness and responsibilities that are a part of your daily life, you go the extra mile for your family and others. I hope YOU don't spend too much time on that "not doing" list, and instead realize what a fantastic wife and mom you are. I'm glad the wonderful/difficult first year of Hayley's lfe is behind you. Here's to more sleep and organization in your future.
Happy belated birthday to Hayley! It really is hard to believe it's been a year. I think I'm with you. Babies are fun, but I think they only get more fun as they grow. That is a fabulous lady bug cake, by the way!
Post a Comment