Watching me exercise to a DVD this morning, Corinne observed: “Mom, their legs are much skinnier than yours.” Really?
And last week it was, “Mom, are you sure you’re not going to have another baby soon? Because your tummy is still kind of fat.” Sigh.But where is the honesty when I’d really like to hear it? “Corinne, did you cut Jillian’s homework in half?” “No, it must have been Hayley.” The same Hayley who is sound asleep and couldn’t cut a straight line with scissors if she wanted to. I’ve always been able to tell when my kids aren’t telling me the truth—you can just see it in their faces. Until Corinne. She is so convincing!
7 comments:
Oh my. So funny and so awful. What a character that cute Corinne is.
Yeah, remember when Corinne said that she taught Elodie how to write and then Elodie wrote on her arm? Hmmm.
Xander's had a few struggles with telling the truth lately--last week I made him memorize a scripture about honesty as his consequence. I hope it sinks in!
hopefully she outgrows it so that she's not like the lady who asked me when berkeley was just THREE days old WHEN I WAS DUE! talk about brutal honesty!
Hmmm...in her case, probably not. I guess it's good she's comfortable enough to tell you what she's thinking. I imagine it doesn't stay that way forever! :)
The lying vs. tact balance is a hard one to teach. Good luck. :)
Kids sure have a way of putting us in our place. I just try to teach what thumper taught us. "If you can't say somethin' nice..."
That Corinne is so spunky. I love her Halloween costume! A beautiful princess with her own pink pony. What a cutie.
Hi there...you left a comment on my book blog and I just wanted to tell you that yes, Leah Miller lived in Fargo then Bismarck. Her parents are Ana and Alan Miller. I am excited to tell Leah that you recognized her ;)
Oh and I just love it when my kids tell me that my breath stinks when I am getting them breakfast...honesty...not always the best policy.
Post a Comment