I’m a little concerned now. Who are they making fun of? I march into the room, already launching into a lecture about accepting people who are different , when I spy the object of hilarity in front of them. My high school yearbook. “Oh, nevermind. Now I get it. Go ahead and laugh—we deserve it.”
Of course they found my pictures, and Alyssa was so impressed with my lovely hair that she decided to imitate my look. Nice try, honey, but you’ll never have better 80’s hair than I did. This picture was taken when I was Alyssa’s age. If you think this hair is big, you should see my senior picture. In any case, that yearbook I purchased 20+ years ago was a great investment—future hours of entertainment for my children.
12 comments:
That is so hilarious! I love Alyssa's attempt to recreate your hair-do! The kids of this generation just don't know all the 80's tricks, I guess! :)
Nice. I thought you were soooo cool when I was a kid, by the way. Wished I could have hair that cool...
Post your senior picture! I want to see! That is so funny.
HAHAHA! That is great! Your curly hair was perfect for all those 80's styles.
I love that she tried to recreate the 80's look. My kids laugh, but would never dream of spraying that much hairspray. :)
PS Where did your high school picture go? I saw it earlier today.
i am loving this. my girls haven't started laughing at my old pictures yet. they still think i looked cute-- little do they know. . .
I love that she attempted the 80's hair! Yours was pretty fantastic!
boy I can relate . . .
boy I can relate . . .
Mirien, you are always chic and poised no matter how high your hair is/was. I was always impressed at how you achieved that desired end-result. A talent I never had.
Thanks for the laughs!
I still love you Miren, and yes that is the same Leah that used to babysit for you. We miss you and hope see you one of these days on one of our trips to Utah. We're taking Ammon to BYU in August. I see you added to your family. Your post is hilarous! Love you! Ana Miller
Oh, man...That was so bad! Huge is the best word for it.
Speaking of hair, Jane's still has some Vaseline in it, but I think another round of Dawn scrubbing will clean it out.
Jane also still has lipstick streaks in her hair that I keep finding, and poor Lucy has some on her eyelashes.
Someday it will all be a memory.
Post a Comment