Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

Collages-p001

See Alyssa’s Hermione robe?  I made it for her in 3rd grade.   And Hagrid’s Grant’s robe?  Made it for Evan in 2nd grade.  I think those costumes have been worn in some form by someone every single year.  Jillian could not figure out what to be.  The night before the school party, she found a picture on FamilyFun.com that she wanted to create.  I present the throw-it-together-in-1 hour washing machine costume.  Corinne couldn’t decide, either, so she was a witch for school and a cowgirl for trick-or-treating.  And Hayley?  A princess all the way.  With boots.  Where was Evan?  Too cool to dress up, but not above begging and stealing candy from Grant and his sisters when they got home.  See the granny/wolf and Little Red in the background?  Loved those costumes, Mitchell and Erin.  Thanks for partying with us!

4 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Cute and creative costumes. The costumes I have made have been worn over and over too! Emily (9th) was a candy kiss this year. I had made that for Ashlee when she was in 4th. I think it's fun to see them worn so often since we spend so much time making them!

Unknown said...

Fun ideas! Especially the laundry one. I bet you're glad to see the costumes you made years ago used again and again. I didn't even notice that Hermione costume didn't fit her. I think Alyssa looks great!

Lara said...

You are a woman after my own heart (except for the super creative washing machine costume)! Every year I'm always so glad for the costumes I made for the older kids all those years ago!

Love the scrapbook page too!

Marliese said...

Everyone looks great as usual. You certainly have the skills to design and make elaborate costumes each year...if only you had the time!! But recycling and reusing is fabulous...