Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Am Learning How to Spell, And I Think I Do It Rather Well

This morning I was busy getting kids off to school while Hayley was playing with the magnetic letters.  I didn’t pay much attention to what she was doing until she said, “Mom, these are the people I want to invite to my birthday party.”  After all, now that she has reached the 3-1/2 milestone, 4 is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning the party.  I looked at the fridge and recognized the names of her friends and cousins. 
DSC02078

Can you tell who’s invited?  Alex, Reagan, Emery, Abby, Sophie, Lucy, and Ansley.  She was so proud that I could read them all.

(Do my sisters remember the song referenced in the title??)

7 comments:

The Dahle Family said...

Phew, it's good to see that the brains made it through to #6! I could read most of those, too, since I'm pretty used to that kind of spelling! I was so excited to see a post from you, my long lost sister!! I miss you guys!

merathon said...

of course i remember the song and she DOES do it extremely well! wow! we'll start clearing our schedules in october since i know emery won't want to miss the party. i expect by the time her fourth birthday rolls around, she'll have finished the Harry Potter series!

Elder and Sister Church said...

Wow, Hayley, grandpa and I could read the names you put on the frig!
You are so smart! We are proud of you!

Heather Jones said...

So cute!

Paul said...

Wow, I'm impressed! What a smart little girl! It's fun to hear from your cute family again.

Unknown said...

That was me, not Paul...

Marliese said...

Um, yeah she does it rather well. Maybe you should put her straight into kindergarten next year. That's great...it is obvious that you spend hours a day working with her, right Mirien? :)