This is Hayley at 10 days old. You really can’t tell how small she is until you see her next to Evan. She was so tiny! At her two week checkup she was only 5 lbs 13 oz—not even up to her 6lb birth weight!This is Hayley’s first Sunday at church, wearing the smallest little dress we have—it looks like a doll outfit.
This is Hayley now. I took her to the dr. today just to check her weight because she’s been growing so slowly. I was surprised and thrilled that she weighed in at 7lbs even. That means that she has gained an average of 1 oz. a day for the past couple of weeks. That is the norm, but my babies have never done that so I was thrilled. The constant nursing and waking her up to eat is starting to make a difference, so now I can stop worrying about her size and just enjoy her. After all, I’m in no hurry for her to grow up. She is so sweet and cuddly and easy to take care of. We love her!
Farewell
3 months ago
6 comments:
hooray! SEVEN POUNDS! what a chubber! you KNOW i definitely can relate on the slow-gainers, so i know what a big deal it is to hear she's been gaining an ounce a day!
Oh, she is so SWEET! Her eyes make me think of Corinne. Seems like things are going well then? Good luck with Brian's new calling--ugh, getting 6 kids to church by 9 am! I feel your pain. Every Sunday is a new adventure around here. For us, getting there is the "easy" part. Getting through is another story...
What a cutie! That is exciting how much she's grown! That's something I've certainly taken for granted with my two boys.
SO cute! She's definitely yours--I love her little, delicate, petite body.
I love your pictures! I just need to hold that girl again!
Yay! Way to go on her weight gain! She is soooo cute!
Post a Comment