Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Way to go, Grant!  He worked hard and earned his Webelos Badge and his Arrow of Light and was presented with both at a special ceremony during last night’s Blue and Gold Banquet.

DSC02077

You can tell it was a big night for him.  Grant is such a hard worker and is very focused on achieving goals.  He has had some terrific leaders and three great years of fun.  Unfortunately, due to our move and the decision not to have Pinewood Derby races every year, Grant has never participated in a race as a Cub Scout.  He groaned in frustration last night when it was announced that the Derby will be in March because he turns 11 at the end of the month.  What injustice.

One last note:  as proud as I am of Grant, the title of this post was for me, not him.  I apologize in advance for rubbing this in to all of you with little boys, but WE ARE DONE WITH PACK MEETINGS!!!  WAHOO!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Don't be so excited, we are just about to start them....it can't be that bad right?!?

Nicole said...

I am so jealous!! Zach isn't even old enough to be in scouts and I still have to go to pack meeting because I am in scouts. I look forward to the day I no longer have to go. Congratulations Grant I know how much hard work that takes.

merathon said...

ha ha! no pack meetings for us! way to go, grant!

Erin said...

Congrats Grant! We sure miss your testimony's on Sunday. I'm so happy for you! (And you too Mirien..woohoo!)

Tracy said...

Yeah, we're enjoying a little pack meeting hiatus...until Connor turns 8. Then it'll be a domino effect of eternal scouts. Way to go GRANT! Brayden's 11-yr old scout troop just did a derby race between fathers and sons--he should suggest it!

Marliese said...

What's so bad about Pack Meetings?? :) Nice work, Grant!