Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Con-GRAD-ulations!

It’s official.  Alyssa is entering the next phase of life.  She moves in to the dorms at BYU in two weeks!  I’m so excited for her.  Even though I started to cry as I typed the above sentences.

DSC02189
Itineris Early College High School graduate.  She also received her Associate of Science degree from Salt Lake Community College, with honors.  She was one of only two National Merit Scholarship Finalists in her graduating class.  And we’re not proud of her at all, not one bit.  :)


DSC02194
Graduation took place at Thanksgiving Point and it was beautiful! 


DSC02210
I had flashbacks to the night before my high school graduation because I spent last night the same way I did 23 years ago—sewing a dress for graduation and finishing in the wee hours of the morning.  Brian told me that if I’m planning to make her wedding dress, I should get started now so that I won’t have to stay up all night before she gets married.  And no, that is not something any of us are planning on any time soon, Brian was just trying to be “helpful”.


6 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

Congratulations, Alyssa! We're so proud of you. You look great, and it sounds like you really excelled in high school. May you continue to do so at BYU! You'll do great. Thanks for posting, Mirien. And I love the dress! :)

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Wow!!!

Have fun at BYU, Alyssa! Everyone I've talked to who has done summer semester at BYU has loved it. It sounds like a great way to begin.

And Mirien, give us a sewing tutorial on that dress! It's adorable.

Jenni said...

Congratulations Alyssa! I have a card and gift here for you. We look forward to having you in our neighborhood in the next couple of weeks!

Elder and Sister Church said...

We are so proud of Alyssa. She looks beautiful in her graduation robes. What fun to see her with all of her sisters. We can tell they are proud of her also. She is a great example for them.

Elder and Sister Church said...

Alyssa looks darling in her new outfit you made for her. Good job!She loves grey and black, that's the colors in her room.

Marliese said...

Wow, big day for your family! That is awesome, but hard to believe. What a fun time for her. And nice job on the dress, Mirien. It really is cute. You are so talented!